Due to a change in Google Play Games, the Network Battle function will no longer be available from March 31, 2020.
Please read the section “Important Notes” before purchasing or using this app. Returns or credit cannot be granted after purchase.
This app has absolutely no in-app purchases! After playing this app, you can import your save data into “Monster Hunter Stories” (paid version) to continue the story.
• Game Features
– Recruit countless Monsties!
Monsties, and the bonds you form with them, are the backbone of your adventure. Explore vast environments and dungeons to find monster dens, and bring back the eggs you find to hatch new Monsties!
– Fight with your Monsties in Network Battles!
Take your hero and the Monsties you’ve raised into battles with other Riders! Build a team of your favorites to challenge other players.
– New features for the smartphone version!
New improvements include beautiful high-resolution graphics, improved user interface, and a new auto-save feature!
The story begins in a forest near the village of Riders. Three young friends—the hero, Lilia, and Cheval—stumble upon a shining egg.
The trio perform a playful imitation of the Rite of Kinship, only to be shocked when it actually succeeds!
The egg hatches, revealing a baby Rathalos, a flying wyvern also known as “the King of the Skies.” The trio affectionately name him “Ratha,” and take him back to the village.
Days later, without warning, the village is beset upon by a monster infected by “the Black Blight.” They manage to drive it away, but not before it devastates the town—and leaves indelible scars in the hearts of Cheval and Lilia.
A year passes…
The hero receives a Kinship Stone from the Village Chief and officially becomes a Rider. Cheval and Lilia both leave the village, each on their own path. The hero, though separated now from childhood friends, partners up with the cheerful Navirou, and embarks upon a new adventure into the world of hunters.
A story of friendship and triumph await you—ride on into the world of Monster Hunter Stories!
• Please refer to the following link for compatible devices.
• Notes on Multiplayer
– Multiplayer (Network Battles, etc.) is available only after a certain amount of game progress.
– Network Battles are only available against other players of this version of the Android app, not players of the paid version.
– Network Battles are not available against players of the Japanese version of this app.
– Play in an area with a good connection to ensure the best online experience.
– You must sign in to Google Play game services to use multiplayer features.
• Additional Notes
– To use this app, you must agree to the “Monster Hunter Stories End User License Agreement” (link below) when booting the app for the first time.
– This app features the same story as introduction of the handheld console version.
– Several handheld console features, such as certain collaboration contents, amiibo features, local Network Battles, and StreetPass, are NOT available in this version.
– Deleting this app will also erase any stored save data.
– This app can only be downloaded with a Wi-Fi connection.
– Battle Party QR codes from the Japanese version will not work in this version.
– Precautions When Updating
When updating your installed app, please make sure to create a backup of your saved data. If the app fails to update, you may be unable to use your saved data.
Players may be unable to play together using the network if their app versions differ. To get the most out of network play, please use the latest version of the app.
– Ver.1.0.1 Update Contents
Support for the changes made to Google Play game specifications.